Healthy Breakfast Protein Smoothie
My Quick and Easy Protein Smoothie
If you’re busy and on the go, what do you normally grab for breakfast? Do you skip it and just have coffee? Get to the office and find yourself ravenous by 10am and snacking on the free biscuits in the kitchen? Are you busy getting the kids ready for school, getting their breakfast and lunch packed up and out the door that you forget to have breakfast yourself.. Do you gym in the morning and want to bring your breakfast on the go with you?
If this sounds like you then I've got you!
This breakfast protein smoothie is quick easy and keeps you going until lunch time.
1 Frozen Banana
1 – 2 Scoops of Nuzest Vanilla Protein (or any protein of your choice)
1 – 2 Handfuls of Spinach
1 Tsp of Nut Butter (I use Peanut)
½ Cup of Oats
200 ml Almond Milk
1. Place your frozen banana in the bottom of your blender
2. Add your Nuzest protein powder, I recommend Vanilla for this recipe
3. Add your choice of Nut butter, I promise you don’t need much for the flavour!
4. Pour in your oats
5. Add the milk before the spinach so you don’t get any milk spraying off the leaves, it’s happened to me many times!
6. When adding the spinach, break it up or squash it down if you need to
7. Blend all together
Depending on the consistency, add more milk if needed. I like to have my smoothie with a spoon, so I keep it quite thick (tastes like a dessert for breakfast :P)
If you don’t have a frozen banana to hand, no stress, just add some ice into the blender with your banana, this also prevents the smoothie warming up during blending. I also freeze my spinach as we all know how quickly those leaves go soggy in the fridge!